Thursday, March 25, 2010

Workshop with Susan Brubaker Knapp

I spent the day at a workshop with Susan Brubaker Knapp today.  She brought many of her small art quilts with her – I loved all of them.  We worked on a small quilt of a barn based on a photo that she took.  First here is her quilt.

Here are some close-up photos of the wonderful thread sketching on the piece.

Mine doesn’t look like this wonderful quilt yet but I did get all the pieces cut and fused.

Instead of doing the thread work on my sewing machine, I think I will do it on the longarm.  Susan does the thread sketching before she puts batting on the piece but I am not sure that will work out well – I may need to use batting.

Danielle got a lot of the thread sketching done on her piece.  Here she is hard at work.

And here is what her barn looks like now.

She has a great start on a wonderful art quilt.

Tomorrow Susan will be doing a presentation and trunk show at guild.  I am looking forward to seeing the rest of her quilts.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I love art quilts......I like to make them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you, Melinda! I'm glad you enjoyed my class and presentation, and I'd love to see your barn when it is done! Your guild is absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails