Friday, March 26, 2010

Susan Brubaker Knapp at Guild

At the ECQG meeting this morning Susan Brubaker Knapp did a great presentation and trunk show.  Can you believe that I forgot my camera.  Fortunately I did get photos yesterday of many of her quilts.  Here are a few that I really like.

Crayons

Feather – this one is on the cover of the current Quilting Arts magazine.

Butterfly lady – she and the butterfly are both 3D and she is heavily beaded.

The eye – I absolutely love this one.

Fruit – this one is on the cover of the current Quilting Arts calendar.

Dragonfly – this is the sample for a class tomorrow.

Lake scene – this is made of only four fabrics and a lot of thread, a lot of thread.

Sunflower – beautiful!

Fingerprint – love the stitching on this one.

World – this is one of my favorites.

Lastly here is Susan presenting at guild.

0310 Susan presenting

She had many more quilts to show and I am sorry I forgot my camera.  We went to lunch at Ted’s Montana Grill afterwards.  Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so can’t take the other workshop. If you get a chance to see Susan, be sure to take advantage of the opportunity.

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I wish I had been able to go to this meeting. Sounds like an inspirational presentation. Thanks for sharing insights!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I'm bowled over ... WOW and more WOW. THANK YOU so much for posting these photos. Someday I hope I can see her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a great lecture that must have been
    I LOVE her work
    thanks for sharing these pictures with us
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that world one on Quilting Arts TV. It was neat to see her work.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails