Friday, January 29, 2010

Crazy Quilt Bear

There has been discussion about crazy quilt teddy bears on the CQ Mag Online group so I thought I would post some photos of mine.  I made it about 20 years ago when I lived in Pennant Hills, NSW, Australia.  There was a small neighborhood patchwork shop and I took a class for 3 or 4 weeks – I can’t really remember how many classes there were.

CQ Teddy sitting

The first photo shows him sitting up.  The second is poor bear with his nose on the floor and lastly laying flat on his back.

We cut each piece of the bear pattern from muslin and pieced the fabric on it.  We then added the lace, stitching and beads.  Next he was put together and stuffed, and stuffed and stuffed.  He is a very solid little bear.  His arms and legs are movable and he has a great deal of personality.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. To bad you don't have a picture of the bears we were going to make all the girls. As I recall Karin was the only one to get one.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails