Sunday, December 05, 2010

Modern Quilt Guild Meeting / Holiday Celebration

Today was the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild meeting and holiday celebration.  We had a wonderful pot luck brunch, lots of inspiring show and tell, along with a gift exchange.  We each made a mug rug and they all were wonderful.  Here they all are after we unwrapped our gifts.

This is the one I made that Pam took home.  I have been playing with oilcloth and had some scraps on my cutting table so after I made the selvage background, I cut out a couple of trees and appliqued them on.  I like it.

Here is the one I got to bring home with me.

Look at the wonderful curved piecing.  Rae learned how to do curved piecing in my class a couple of months ago.  There is even a special applique to put my mug on.  I love it.

Lots of great show and tell but just want to share one photo.  It is an wonderfully colorful quilt that Nicole is working on.  I love it.

That reminds me of my Y2K Christmas quilt that I just put on my bed this weekend.  I love this quilt too but think I want to make a more colorful one like Nichole’s sometime soon.  Guess I should start saving squares now.

Here is my Christmas quilt.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. That's a great looking mug rug. I love how you used the oil cloth. Your Christmas quilt looks wonderful on your bed. You put in a lot of hours working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh can I come visit.... I just adore your Christmas Quilt. You have given me ideas.
    Thanks for email re kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    You are the best advertising a gal could ask for! We had a groovy time yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails