Friday, December 31, 2010

Review of 2010

At the beginning of 2010 I decided that I was going to post every day on my blog.  I missed one day when Comcast was having problems and I was too lazy to go to the library or coffee shop to send my post.  I kept thinking that the internet would come up at home and it didn’t until the next day.  I do feel good that I almost accomplished my goal.

I made several quilts during 2010, several purses/tote bags and many little projects like pillowcases, Kindle covers, Candle Mat, Mug Rug, and a few small quilt projects.  I also made a bunch of Click-It bags.

I taught a lot of classes.  I had more than 40 new quilters complete my beginning machine piecing class and really feel good about helping create that many new quilters.  I taught a purse class every month and for the first time taught at the Georgia Quilt Show.  I also taught at a seminar in Las Vegas – teaching a quilt that I designed.

It would be hard to pick my favorite project of the year so here are a few of them.  First is my Gone With the Wind quilt that I made for shop hop.  I have had offers to purchase this quilt but since I made it in my mother’s memory, I have decided not to sell it.

Next is the quilt that I designed and taught in Las Vegas.  It is called Nine Patch Surprise.

Here are some of the tote bags I made.

As you can tell, I love the Letty’s Bag pattern by my sister Robin.

Here is my favorite Christmas quilt I made this year.  Because of Christmas in July I make one or two Christmas quilts a year. The second one is another favorite.

I almost forgot – I finished the dog quilt this year.  It is another favorite.

I am looking forward to finishing up a lot of UFO’s in 2011.  Happy New Year to all of you.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Wow, posting everyday is quite an accomplishment. I love all your projects, particularly the Gone with the Wind and of course I'm partial to the Letty's Bags, LOL. Are you planning to continue you every single day goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think all of your projects are beautiful. your gone with the wind has stayed in my mind i would like to make it for my sil. last night shopping at sauder's fabric i run across the fabrics and bought it. is the pattern storm at sea.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that is impressive Melinda. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on doing so well on your goals. I hope 2011 is another great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very productive year, indeed, Melinda. Cheers to you and wishes for another great year in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails