Saturday, May 08, 2010

Notebook

Here is a covered notebook that I gave to Danielle.  She is doing some hand piecing and is using the book to carry her project with her.  My sister Robin and I made these several years ago while working on Dear Jane.  I gave up on that version of Dear Jane – I do hope to restart it sometime in the future with fabric that I like.

Here is the notebook closed and ready to carry.  I really like the fabric we used on the outside of the notebook.  By the way, it is a standard 3-ring binder.

Here is the front inside of the notebook.

The pocket holds rulers and other things.  The inside lining is felt which acts as a tiny design wall while working.  There are a couple of pencil cases inside that hold the rotary cutter and other rulers.

Here is the back inside.

The black is the backside of a sandpaper board.  The cutting mat is glued to the inside of the back cover.

I had forgotten all about this until Danielle showed up with it last Monday.  I think I would make a few changes but I am thinking about making another one and perhaps putting together a pattern for it.  What do you think?

Melinda

7 comments:

  1. I think that it would be great if you put a tutorial of the notebook carrier on your blog. I think it is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way too cute! I think I have a bolt of that material, mine has a yellow background. I use to make material covered photo albumns for gifts. I bet you could find a bunch of uses for a sewing kit one. cw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely notebook!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! Would love to see a pattern for one :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a pattern for the notebook. I am doing some handwork on this trip and I threw everything in a zip lock and a tote bag and it is anything but organized!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to know how to make this or a general idea. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails