Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kindle

Guess what came on the big brown truck today.  I ordered it on Sunday night and followed the tracking so I knew it was at the local UPS office this morning.  I left the house at 5 pm to teach a class tonight and it still wasn’t here but Bill said it came between 7-8 tonight.

I had a couple of books downloaded to my Kindle app on my IPhone and they are now on my new toy.  I also found a few $0 books that I “bought” from Amazon. 

I need to make a case for it next – after I finish my Letty’s Little Bag.

Melinda

7 comments:

  1. I know how excited you are. I got a Nook for Christmas and have really enjoyed it. Then this week my iPad arrived: I tracked it all the way from China. I love technology, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you use it for awhile, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I have fallen in love with ebooks, but as I also love quilt e:books, I've been hesitant to get the kindle because it is not in color. Yet the i-pad seems way too pricey. I've heard there will be a few more competitors soon, so I'm struggling with getting the Kindle now or waiting to see if the unknown is better.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, that looks like a fun new toy! Have fun with it! And it definitely needs it's own "quilty" case to protect it. That should be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your Kindle, Melinda. Bet you're gonna love it. I'm crazy about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda, I LOVE my Kindle. Since you've used the app on your iPhone, I know you'll love yours! What's reallllly cool is that it automatically synchs up from your iPhone to your Kindle, so if you find yourself with extra time and want to read from your iPhone, it'll pick up where you left off on your Kindle. How cool is that? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails