Sunday, May 23, 2010

Christmas in July

We are starting to receive the holiday fabrics – both Halloween and Christmas.  We do a Christmas in July party at the shop in late July each year.  All of us work on holiday projects and prepare kits for customers to purchase.  We have holiday food and lots of fun.  It is the first time we put out all the holiday fabric and the shop is fully decorated for Christmas.

I have been looking at the new fabrics but haven’t seen anything that really appealed to me until this line from Henry Glass arrived.  Here is the pattern.

and here are the wonderful fabrics.

I really love Christmas fabrics that are not over the top Christmas.  Many of these fabrics could be used in any project but when all put together fits very well into Christmas.  I really like the black with red poinsettia fabric for the borders.  There is a very small amount of appliqué right in the middle of the quilt, but the rest is pieced.

I am not going to start this right now – too many other projects going on but it will be done before the end of July.  Stay tuned.

Melinda

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails