Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day to each of you.  My sister Robin has a photo of us many, many years ago on her blog today.  This photo must have been taken in the early 1950’s.  Mother has been gone over six years now and we still miss her.  At least we have each other, besides our wonderful husbands, children and grandchildren.

Here is a photo of my new tumbler blocks.  Jackie at Canton Quilt Works custom cut them for me.  I had about 90 and ordered 150 more from Jackie.  Of course, the original bunch also came from Jackie.  I now have enough that I can make a bed size quilt.

Max carefully checked out the tumblers before he gave his approval.  Right now he is checking out my stuff that is packed to go up to the mountains with my friends.  We are going to just be gone overnight but when you plan on sewing, there is an amazing amount of stuff that seems to be necessary.

I don’t think there is WiFi at the house we are staying at so I am leaving my laptop at home.  I am taking my portable design wall with me so I can get a photo of what is going on tomorrow for Design Wall Monday.  Will be back after dinner tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Have a great mini sewing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Melinda! I am glad Max approves of the tumblers. I am sure that he will like it more and probably use it when it is a quilt. Love the pictures on Robin's blog.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails