Monday, May 31, 2010

Design Wall Monday – May 31

Another Monday has come around and I finally have something to show for design wall Monday.  I finished sewing all the blocks together for my Nine Patch Surprise.  It is too large for the actual design wall, so my design holder husband is holding it.

I have decided  not to add a border to it so I hope to get it quilted soon.  I think I will get a yard of each of the four accent colors and make a giant four patch for the back.

Check out Judy’s blog for more design walls this Memorial Day Monday.

Melinda

10 comments:

  1. What a great quilt - I like the look without borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt - and no borders sounds good to me! I giant 4-patch for the backing: great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine patch surprise looks great as a finished top. A huge four patch on the back will be cute, of course a nine patch would fit in with the name....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking the no-border lookmore and more these days. Love the four-patch back idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute quilt! Love the bright strips that make it into a plaid!! I think the four-patch for the back will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the quilt. Love the colored strips on the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful! I like it without borders too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I must have seen this in drips & drabs - but subconsciously while running through my blog lines, I said, "That looks like a Melinda quilt." & it is.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really enjoyed watching you progress on this one. I may have to add it to my TO-DO (or at least to the think-about it) list. great job. I also think a large 9-patch on the back would be neat. cw

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails