Thursday, June 19, 2008

Table Runner - not yet quilted

After teaching two different beginner classes, it has become obvious that I need to teach a Beyond the Basics class. I have decided to teach from this book by Pat Sloan. It is titled "I can't believe I'm Quilting Beyond the Basics. There are five lessons in the book and we will teach one a month. Each lesson has a table runner, or quilt as a project that highlight a different technique.


The first lesson is a table runner. Here is the fabric I decided to use. In the book, Pat used black and white with red accents. Of course, I decided to use lime green instead. Here are my fabrics this morning.

The table runner is made of 36 3x6" flying geese units, with just a narrow sashing between rows.



I really like how it looks. I need to finish quilting a quilt for Charlotte tonight or in the morning and then I will throw this on the machine and hopefully get it bound tomorrow evening. I would like to have it to show for the Saturday Sampler crowd at Tiny Stitches. I have more lime green for the backing and binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails