Monday, June 30, 2008

Paint Chip Challenge at Allatoona

We are doing a challenge based on a paint chip. You know the ones that you get at the paint store that have several colors that you would probably never use together! I found a paint chip that has these colors on it. I already had this fabric so I had something to start with. We had to use at least three of the colors from the paint chip.

Last year at the Mary Ellen Hopkins seminar in Las Vegas, she showed several small quilts that she made using large scale prints. If you cut them up small and sew them back together you get a surprising result.


Here is what I came up with. the Center is four log cabin blocks and the outside is two very large blocks, cut in half and sewn on the edges of the center blocks to turn them on point. Each log is cut at 1-1/4 inch so it finishes at 3/4 inch.


Here is a close up of the corner of the block. I still have to quilt and bind it. I have it sitting out so I can decide how to quilt it. It is only about 20 inches square and will look nice on the front door, when finished.

The guild purchased some little pins that you earn if you participate in a challenge but you don't get one unless it is done - done, done! I still have a week so should be able to get it finished in the next couple of days.

I am also busy working on customer quilts and need to finish my exchange blocks for Piecemakers before I go to Southern California on the 11th. Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails