Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Raffle Quilt - Block from #@&!

We are working on a beautiful raffle quilt for ECQG to be raffled off next year. It is based on a design called "Sampler Magic" by Lori Smith. Check out her website for the great quilts she has designed. Here is a photo from the pattern. We have her permission to use her design and plan to modify it slightly with a different border. One of our local shops, Red Hen Fabrics, is providing the fabric and will put the quilt together, including quilting it.

Janice is the Raffle Quilt chairman and has done a wonderful job of getting the blocks out to members to make. They are due back on Friday so today I finally got around to starting my block. The one I am doing is the large one on the upper right.

Unfortunately, my kit was short fabric. I need 4 more 2-inch squares of the very light green. There are 81 pieces in a 12-inch block. Lots and lots of points to match. So far, so good.

I still need the 4 green squares but have most of it put together. As soon as I get the 4 2-inch squares, I will have it done - thank goodness. It measures 12 1/2 inches across so hopefully it will measure 12 1/2 inches square when I am done.

Now that the block is done as far as I can do it today, I need to get ready for the Pat Sloan workshop tomorrow. The topic of the workshop is Wild and Free Applique so it should be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous...and your block is coming along nicely! Good luck with the raffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that the raffle quilt is stunning. how awesome that you are involved. your block is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails