Friday, January 11, 2008

Sampler Quilt

I finally got photos of the sampler quilt for my Beginning Machine Piecing class. I went to the quilt shop to deliver three baby quilts (you can see pictures of them on my webshots) and got this picture then. This quilt has 25 blocks and starts with a simple rail fence and then builds on the skills from then on. The class will meet for 5 weeks and will hopefully give the students a good basic understanding of piecing a quilt.

I quilted it using a new panto called Feather Frenzy. It is a beautiful panto but is very time intensive.


The quilting done in a variegated yellow thread that blends well with the quilt so that it doesn't take over but just shows the texture of the quilting. I am pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails