Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dog Quilt Progress

Maetha has asked that I finish the Dog Quilt so it can hang in the shop for The Greater Atlanta Quilt Shop Hop next month.  It was finished except for the last three borders so I worked on it last night and got it finished.  Here it is in the quilting studio waiting for its turn to be quilted.  It is number 6 on my UFO list but if I get it done, I will select another UFO to replace it – there are certainly enough of them to choose from.

Since our theme for Shop Hop is “As American as Movies and Popcorn”, it needs a movie name.  I googled dog movies and I think the best fit is “All Dogs Go to Heaven”.  These dogs look heavenly.

Now that I am looking at the photos, I realize that I forgot to follow part of the pattern.  There is supposed to be a small nine patch in the outside corners of the outside border.  It would be easy to make the change but I am not sure I need to.

This quilt was a block of the month last year but we are still able to get the patterns if anyone wants to make it this year.  As a block of the month, I packaged all the fabrics including the buttons for the eyes but this would be a great quilt to use scraps on. 

I am teaching the Wacky Devine Nine class this evening so won’t be able to start quilting.  I have a customer quilt that is ahead of it in line anyway.

Melinda

6 comments:

  1. I'm crazy about the dog quilt. Amy Butler? Right? Someday I'm going to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved this design. You are doing a great job. I too want to make this quilt someday.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dog quilt, and look forward to seeing how you quilt it! Great name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dog quilt, soooo cute and full of canine personalities!!!!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melinda, Cute quilt. I made a few of these blocks. The poodle naturally was one and I think I made Scooter and another one. I should look for them and do something with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quilt! I've been wanting to make one for some time now too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails