Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Project

Now that Christmas is over, it is time to start a new project.

I am going to make this for a sample for Tiny Stitches.  The pattern is in the newest Quick Quilts Magazine dated March 2010.  The fabric at the top is a printed fabric that looks like a piano key border when cut into strips. I cut 5 1/2 inch strips of this fabric for the borders.

For the body of the quilt, I picked out 14 fabrics and I cut the 2 1/2 inch strips and rolled them into a jelly roll for each kit, using the AccuCut.   I cut two strips each of 7 black on white and 7 white on black strips.  I really do love black and white.  The solid black will be an inner border and the binding.

Tomorrow we have a kids camp and they will be working on a pillow.  I am going to cut strips for them so they can take a Sunbonnet preprinted motif and do courthouse steps around it until it is large enough for a pillow.  Once it is big enough, we will sew a back on it, stuff it and have them sew the opening up.  Should be fun.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails