Monday, November 16, 2009

Design Wall Monday

Here is what is on my design wall today.

 

I am working on Christmas exchange projects.  On the left is my finished mini quilt for the holiday swap.  I quilted it yesterday morning and then bound it during my binding class.  I finished the hand sewing on the binding this morning and put the label on so it is ready to mail.  The apron is for the holiday party at the East Cobb Quilters’ Guild early next month.  I need to put binding around it and put the ties on.  I am using Moda twill from jelly rolls as the ties.

The blocks at the top is the start of my table runner for the Christmas exchange at the Allatoona Guild.  I am using red five inch squares as a base and sewing selvages to them, making half square triangles.  I can’t decide if I want to set them a flying geese or as diamonds.  There will be a total of eight rows and I only have three done so far.  They go very fast since they are so small.  The runner needs to be at least 14 inches wide and 44 inches long so I won’t need to add a border to it.

Check out Judy’s blog for other design walls.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails