Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Allatoona General Meeting

Today was the general meeting for November for my guild.  Can you believe I forgot my camera.  We had a wonderful speaker Jim Warf from Decherd Needlework’s in Decherd, Tennessee.  He is a lover of 30’s fabrics and feedsacks.  He brought several quilts to show and shared a couple of little projects with us.  He showed us a great way to make Christmas stockings and little scrap bags.

As usual we had a wonderful lunch with many great dishes.  The guild supplied turkey and gravy and the members each brought a dish to share.  I made Krispy Kreme bread pudding and it was GOOD!

We have a birthday club at guild where you buy a FQ of fabric for each person in their birthday month.  There are about 35 members that are participating and November is my birthday month so I got a wonderful basket of fat quarters.  We each listed our fabric preferences when we signed up late last year and I chose Black and White or White and Black.  Here is what I got!

I know there are a couple of lime green FQs in the basket – I bought a few extra FQ from Jim and couldn’t pass up the lime green ones.

Here is something else I brought home from guild today.

There are many very supportive members of the guild and each month I get a bunch of selvages!  I love selvages!  I admit I am spoiled by all the great people I get to spend time with.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday idea. Dang girl I love your guild.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Sounds like you have a fun Guild. Can you pass along the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding receipe to the WACKOS. That made my mouth water just reading the title. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails