Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two Customer Quilts

I finished up two customer quilts yesterday and delivered them last night.  The first one is from Mary.

Mary - Star Quilt

It is wall hanging size and she told me to quilt it how ever I wanted to.  Of course I put feathers in the borders.

Mary - Borders

Some circles ended up in the middle narrow border and then I did a dense background.

Mary - Center

I did continuous curve in the 1/2 square triangles that make up the star.  I switched threads, using a variegated King Tut in the triangles and a cream for the background fill.  I like how it turned out.

I think this design would look great with selvages instead of the dark batiks.  I might have to try that!

The next quilt is by Kim, who is Mary’s daughter.  It is a panel quilt of Santa.

Kim - Santa Quilt

Once again, feathers in the borders!

Kim - Santa Borders

Kim - Santa Closeup 1

Kim - Santa Closeup 3

I used several different texture stitches for the panel.  Hope you enjoy seeing these two quilts – I enjoyed quilting them.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails