Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Kiwi Top Waiting for Borders

0609 Kiwi Zinger no borders

The Kiwi selvage quilt is pieced and ready for borders.  Of course I can’t decide on what to do for borders.  Does anyone have any ideas they want to share?  I am thinking about an inner border of the kiwi again and then ???

I took the quilt top to the shop today and everyone admired it.  I almost hate to show it to people for fear they will start keeping their selvages instead of giving them to me.  I still have two large bags of selvages to play with.

Also, I started quilting the Kiwi Snapshot tonight.  Of course I am quilting it with lime green thread.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it. But, I haven't got a clue what to do about a border. I think it has to be something with selvages or no border at all. I look forward to seeing what you decide.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a selvage sewn in the diagonal of a square (like half square triangles) and then piece them together like a ribbon border (one SW/NE then the next NW/SE etc) ? And maybe the lime green on the 'inner' side of the border and a different fabric on the 'outside' of the border? Just brain storming here. The quilt is looking great! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a strip of kiwi, then black to finish it off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Julie's idea of kiwi and black, only my thought was the other way around, first small black and then kiwi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your quilt. It's much prettier than I imagined, but I'm still going to give you my selvages. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails