Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kiwi Zinger Quilted!!!!!!

I had a little problem yesterday while quilting my Kiwi Zinger.  Not sure what happened but I had knots all over the back of the quilt and absolutely terrible tension.  So I spent the rest of the evening taking all the quilting out.

Today, I remounted it on the machine and quilted it again.  I really like how it turned out this time.

The first photo is the one that will go with my entry into the ECQG Quilt Show.  The entry deadline is June 30.  I still need to add the binding but it is done enough for entry.  Hopefully it will be juried into the show.

Kiwi Zinger

Next are a few close up photos.

Kiwi Zinger Close 1

Kiwi Zinger Close 2

Kiwi Zinger Close 3

Kiwi Zinger Close 4

For the entry form I need one full photo and one close up.  I need to decide which close up I want to send in.

I stippled in the selvages and feathered the zingers.  I used an off white thread in the selvages and a lime/yellow/orange King Tut thread for the feathers.

Hugs,

Melinda

7 comments:

  1. It is a ZINGER all right!! I do love love love those feathers!! Man o man do you know how to operate a long arm.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Colors, diamonds, quilting--all are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green green of this quilt...I have seen it on Karen's blog....the quilting is fantastic. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY work! I came over to peek via Karen's blog. I'm putting a blue zinger in our local quilt show next month. I quilted it myself but I'm sure I should have paid someone to do it! lol. Either way, I'm excited to put it in front of the public. People always look at me like I'm a trash collector when I say I want selvages, but then they see the quilt and OH!!! they *get it*. :-)
    Yours is wonderful and people will love seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! Love the design and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails