Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Allatoona Guild Meeting

We had the first meeting of 2009 of the Allatoona Quilters Guild. This is the first meeting that I presided over as President. We meet in a building that used to be a school and are very fortunate that we have this available. Since it is part of the Cobb County Recreation department, we are able to use it at no cost. Isn't that wonderful!

We usually have about 50 members attending the business meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Here is the group right before the meeting started.

I decided that we need to have a break during the meeting. Here is the group rushing up to buy a raffle ticket for the door prize - a $75 gift certificate from a local quilt shop - I didn't win.

We have a potluck lunch after the meeting. This month I made brownies. It seems like one month we have mostly salads, some months mostly desserts. This month we had a yellow meal - lots of mac & cheese, corn casserole, egg salad. It seems like the colors change also. We have had white days, brown days and yesterday was a yellow day. I wonder how that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails