Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Guild Last Friday

We had a great guild meeting last week. Our speaker was Jan Krueger, who is a friend of mine from the Mary Ellen Hopkins seminars in Las Vegas. I first met her about 10 years ago when my Sister and I started going to the seminars.

Here is part of the crowd at the beginning of the meeting. Since we are having such a gas crisis here in the South, I wasn't sure how many people would be able to come. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a good sized crowd.


Here is Jan emptying out her suitcase of quilts for her program. She talked about Log Cabin quilts and all the different ideas you can use when making a "simple" log cabin.


Here are some of Jan's quilts. The diamond one I made several years ago in Las Vegas. Mine is one of my many UFO's. I think I have the top finished waiting for borders.


One last picture from Guild. This is Ben with his landscape quilt during show and tell. This is a beautiful quilt.

We had a great time with Jan. Next month will be Mary Sorensen. She will be the last speaker of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo... you need to finish your diamond quilt - I would love to see it! The pattern is beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, I found you through the sassy apron swap sidebar .... I'm from Carrollton! So thought I'd stop by and say HI NEIGHBOR!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails