Saturday, September 13, 2008

World of Coca-Cola

When Kim and Tom were here from Missouri we only had one full day to do any sightseeing so we decided to World of Coke in downtown Atlanta. It moved to a new location near the Aquarium a couple of years ago and we have never managed to get there.

We had a good time and I think it is a worthwhile place to visit if you are in town.

They had a lot of coke signs and advertising from the past 100+ years that were fun to look at.

Here is Bill sitting at a replica Coke fountain. He usually frowns whenever I take his photo so this is a pretty good one of him.

These are very large decorated coke bottles. My camera battery went dead before I got photos of many more of them. There were many more and I was fascinated by them.


I love this old Coke delivery van!


Here is another collection of coke signs


Here are some of the international signs that they had - lots of international signs.

There were a couple of movies including one where you wear 3-D glasses and the seats move, making it a 4-D movie.

At the end you get to taste all sorts of drinks that Coke makes around the world. Some of it was quite good but some was really yucky. We also got a free bottle of coke!

After leaving there, we went to The Varsity for hot dogs and fries/onion rings. The Varsity sells more Coke at that site than any other single restaurant so that made it a good closing for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails