Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend at the Quilt Shop

I work on the weekends at Tiny Stitches - the best quilt shop in Georgia! We are having a Labor Day sale that stated on Friday and ends tomorrow. We have lots of skinny bolts with 1 1/2 to 4 or 5 yards of fabric still on the bolt and we are selling them for only $5.00. No measuring - whatever is on the bolt is what you take home with you. Since we are putting out more blots every day, some of our customers are coming every day I work again tomorrow since both Maetha and Mary are taking the day off.

Of course, we are putting the bolts outside of the store on tables so that isn't fun - putting them out and taking them back in but it seems like everyone is enjoying the bargains! I have been resisting but Michele and I did find one bolt today that we couldn't resist. We bought it and split the fabric on it - we each got almost 2 yards for $2.50.

On my way to the shop yesterday, I stopped at Chick-fil-A to buy diet lemonade. While I was waiting to get to the window, I saw that they had decorated the back of the store with 3 of these planters. Aren't they beautiful?

When I got home last night, I found this in the mailbox. I had signed up for a bottle swap at http://gomakesomething.com/challenges/mib/mib-about/ and my bottle from Lisa Vollrath came today.

Here is the bottle opened but before I took the goodies out.


And here is the stuff from the bottle. I love everything I got and have one bottle ready to mail to someone else. Still need to work on the second one and find someone who is willing to receive/send two bottles. What fun!

We went out to dinner for Bill's birthday tonight. Went to Longhorn, his favorite place. I got him 1 1/2 pounds of fudge and a couple of turtle candies for his birthday. Also found a card with a photo on it of a puppy that looks like Max did many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails