Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Beyond Beginners Class

I taught one of my favorite classes last night. We are calling it Beyond Beginners - it is planned for students who have completed a beginning class or have that type of experience.

This is Stephanie's beginner quilt. I have named it Doggies Run Amok - all the fabric in it is doggie fabric. She quilted it herself and did a great job.

Here is the quilt that Stephanie started last night. She managed to find a close out on batiks and bought enough to make this quilt.


Here is the start of Lorie's quilt. Her husband went to the shop yesterday, picked out the fabrics and did all the cutting for her. He sure is a keeper isn't he.


The other two decided to make a table runner from flying geese.


We are using a Pat Sloan book called "I can't believe I am quilting beyond the basics". It is a great book and I recommend it highly.

Tomorrow I am going to the beginning of a 2-day workshop with Mary Lou Weidman. The class starts at 9:30 but I have to teach my beginner class so will go get set up and then rush back to the shop, teach and hurry back to the workshop. The topic is Christmas. Mary Lou makes story quilts. On her website she says that "every event in life is a quilt waiting to happen". It should be a lot of fun.


1 comment:

  1. I love mary Lou's stuff. At one point in time, I think I had all of her cat patterns. (Don't ask how many I have finished....)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails