Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Scrappy Bargello and more Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Blocks

I am getting ready to go on a three day retreat with the Allatoona Guild and am trying to decide what to take with me. I have been using my extra strips of the bargello project as my leaders and enders so have the other half well on the way to being pieced. I am going to take it, along with my Carolina Crossroads Mystery quilt. I can't decide what to do about borders so just plan on getting the top done and worry about the borders next week.

The photo above is part of 1/2 of the quilt top. I think I will also take Rain Drops from the Judy Niemeyer class. Each year, the guild has a group project but this year I am just going to take my own UFOs to work on. Last year's project is the quilt at the top of my blog.

I am tempted by the mystery quilt. The theme of the retreat is a murder mystery with "Polly Pureseams" being murdered by a guild member. There is a mystery quilt designed by Dave, with clues given each day. I understand that the prize for the person who figures out who killed Polly is the sample Mystery Quilt - quite a prize! If you click on Polly's name above you can read the story of Polly as we know it so far. The cutting instructions for the mystery quilt are also there. Dave, of course, is the Quilt Police for the retreat.

I have also been doing more Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks and finished five more.





These little blocks are kind of like popcorn, you can't just make one at a time - it just makes you hungry for more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...how can you resist a mystery quilt?!? It looks like so much fun! have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails