Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mystery Quilt from Red Top Retreat

Here is the sample mystery quilt. Clues were given for two days before Dave put out the completed quilt.

I think it is a wonderful quilt but for some reason Dave doesn't like it. He used a dark background which I think turns out better than a light background (the clues offered both). Since he did not like the quilt and did not want to keep it, he offered it as the prize for guessing who the murderer was. Today at the regular guild meeting, he gave Michele (who won) a wonderful label to add to the back of the quilt.

I plan to start looking for fabric to make the quilt when I get time.




Here are three of the quilts that were in progress during the retreat. Isn't it interesting to see how different the quilts turn out with other fabric choices. I really like the blue and yellow one.

2 comments:

  1. I love your mystery quilt. The colors are great. The idea for "rap sheets" was cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing the mystery quilts. It looks like a fun pattern to sew and I like to see all the different looks from the same design!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails