Wednesday, November 07, 2007

President's Quilt

The quilt top is finished but I forgot to take a photo of it today. We had several people show up and had all the blocks sewn together by 3:30. Many hands do make quick work. The quilt is absolutely beautiful and I am sure Libby will like it a lot. We even got the backing pieced so it is ready to go.

Now I just need to decide how to quilt it. After the sew-in, I worked on quilting a paper-pieced quilt for a customer. It is a Mariner's Compass sampler quilt and I am quilting each sampler block differently so it is a lot of fun. I should be able to finish it in the morning.

My daughter wants me to come to California at Christmas. She teaches school and her last day before the holidays is the 14th which is also the day of our Guild Christmas party. A couple of years, I left here on Christmas day and stayed until right before the end of the year but this time I might go earlier. Emilio is 4 so this will be a really great Christmas. He is old enough to really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails