Friday, January 26, 2007

Glorified Nine Patch

Here are the first three glorified nine patch blocks that I finished in a guild workshop yesterday. The workshop teacher was Sharyn Craig and she is a wonderful teacher. I had the opportunity to have dinner with her last night after the workshop.

I have 5 more blocks that have the center nine patch done and at least one of the melon pieces attached. It won't take long to get the rest of the these done. I did buy enough fabric to make a total of 20 blocks. That should make a nice sized quilt for a child. I have a six year old granddaughter in Sweden - Hanna and I think she would love this quilt.

Sharyn did a program at guild this morning about her "Great Sets" and gave us many ideas on how to set these and other blocks but I think I might just do a straight set 4x5 because I like the football shape that is formed when they are joined together side by side. I think it will be fun to quilt.

We have some great bright floral fabric at the shop that I think might be a good border. I will take the completed ones to work with me tomorrow and test out the border fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails