Friday, January 07, 2011

Winning!

Just before Christmas I won a prize from Minick & Simpson and I found the package on the front porch this morning.  The mailman must have been running late and just put it on the porch.

After opening the box this is what I discovered.

I knew that I was going to received little packs of 2 1/2 inch squares but I had no idea there would be so many.

There are 20 packs from 20 different Moda lines.  Each little pack has 42 pieces of fabric.  Here is a close up of a few of them.

I have been thinking about what to do with them.  If I put them all together I could make 20 blocks and it would represent a wonderful cross section of Moda fabric for this season.  The blocks would end up being 14x12 and if I add some sashing, it would be a nice sized lap quilt.  I have to think about it.

Thank to you Laurie and Polly for the wonderful gift.

6 comments:

  1. SCORE! What a great win Melinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous, what a great win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cooool, how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! What a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone bought a set like that last year and made a postage stamp like quilt: beautiful. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails