Sunday, January 09, 2011

Log Cabin Quilt

Here is a log cabin quilt that I made several years ago.  At the quilt shop, all of the employees made a log cabin quilt.  We made them out of different fabric and set them anyway we wanted.  There were blue quilts, yellow quilts, brown quilts, red quilts and many more.  Mine was black and beige with small highlights of red in some of the fabrics.  We made kits of the quilts and sold a lot of kits.  It was fun.

We all set the quilts differently and I chose a simple zigzag pattern.  I think it worked out well. 

A few days ago, Bill asked me if I had a quilt that I would be willing to give to a friend that he works with.  His friend has said several times how much he would like to have a quilt.  The friend is going to be moving to Macon soon so I picked out this quilt and Bill will take it to him in the next few days.  I hope he will enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed making it.

I love being able to give a gift from the heart like this.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. What a nice compliment that Bill's work friend thinks so much of your quilts. The log cabin quilt is lovely--I know he will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a lovely quilt Melinda. He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Log Cabins, great quilts and yours is so nice. I'm sure Bill's friend will be so happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one reason I don't mind having quilts around that I don't use, they are here just in case there is a need to give one away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely quilt. I am sure it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails