Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Southeastern Textile and Quilt Museum

At guild today, we had our donation quilt for the Southeastern Textile and Quilt Museum on display. Here it is.

Isn’t it beautiful? Lisa picked out wonderful batiks and cut block kits for some of us to make the blocks. She then put it together and Cindy quilted it.

Here is a close up of one of the blocks.

Many of the guilds in Georgia are making quilts to support the new/future museum. They will all be on display at the State Capitol building on January 31. There are almost 50 quilts that will be displayed. At the end of the day, the quilts will go to the Museum committee. They will be the first exhibition at the new museum when it opens. After that, they will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the museum.

I made blocks for this quilt, for the East Cobb quilt and for the Modern Quilt Guild’s quilt. I am quilting the one for the Modern Quilt Guild this week so it can be bound in time for the end of the month.

I can’t wait to see all the quilts hanging in the Capitol.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. So, I didn't even realize I was on your blog when the hexi quilt came up. And, where is the museum going to be located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful charity quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about the museum! It will be in Carrollton, GA. Be sure to visit the local quilt shop...QWILTZ, just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, The date at the capitol is Jan 31st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:18 PM

    Is ther a pattern for the Allatoona quilt? It would be a great way to use some of the smaller pieces that are stacking up in my stash.
    I saw the Quilt at the show at the capitol. the show was great. There was a really good variety of quilts. I was there with "Out of the Darkness". My Guild is the Crossroads Quilt guild, Perry Georgia. Please let me know if there is a pattern. Krisschuma@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails