Sunday, January 09, 2011

Modern Quilt Guild Meeting

Today was the monthly meeting of the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild.  I took the donation quilt and hung it up for everyone to admire.

0111 Quilt finished0111 Quilt finished 2

It really turned out great and I think represents the modern movement very well.  Here are a couple of close ups.

0111 Closeup

0111 Closeup 2

The direction given to the members was to make a single color block.  I love all the different designs that were used.  With the wide white sashing, it allows each block to shine while complimenting its neighbors.

Pam took the quilt home to add the binding and sleeve and it will be ready to hang in the State Capitol building on January 31.

The rest of the day at the quilt shop was very busy.  I think all the quilters heard about the weather report for snow and ice over the next couple of days and came in to get the fabric equivalent of milk, bread and eggs so that if they are going to be stuck at home, they will have plenty to stitch with.

The weather report is still for 2-4 inches of snow and then sleet and freezing rain.  That would be bad anywhere, but here in the Atlanta area, it is a guarantee for disaster.  I am glad I have no reason to leave the house for the next day or two.

Melinda

6 comments:

  1. the quilt is wonderful.
    yes stay home sew and eat soup (I always like soup when there's a big storm here), freezing rain is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the schools around here are closed tomorrow. For me this means that DH will be home all day. -)

    The quilt is beautiful: I love the monochromatic blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY nice! Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilting on it. What a great idea having everyone make monochromatic blocks, the sashing really sets everything off just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. I now know what to do with the few blue scraps I have left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:22 PM

    The quilt looks wonderful. I think it's going to inspire a lot of us, and probably let many people see that quilting is an ever-changing art form.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails