Friday, April 17, 2015
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
We had a great show of neighborhoods at the meeting today. Here are some of them.
A few people started to put sashing and block borders on. Since we are on the second row of the quilt, the first row can be put together.
Monday, April 13, 2015
I finished up my blocks for the monthly BOM meeting for tomorrow. Here are all my blocks so far.
I can’t wait to see all the other blocks. I am still trying to decide on my sashing choices. First there is a small 1/2 inch finished border around each block and then a checkerboard of two fabrics between each block and around the outside. I have a bright lime green that I think will be the little border and then I have black/white polka dots and white/black polka dots for the checkerboard – it finishes at 1 inch square so there will be about a million of them.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Magical Slice and Dice is one of my sister Robin’s patterns and I taught it at Tiny Stitches a couple of months ago. Rhona was in the class and made a set of blocks that she hated! She thought they were really ugly. She hated them so much that she bought new fabric to remake the quilt and gave me the set of blocks. I told her that they were great but she didn’t believe me.
At the recent retreat, I put her “ugly” blocks into a quilt – here it is.
Ugly? I don’t think so! I showed it to Rhona and she loves it now! Of course I gave it back to her since she was so excited and pleased with the final result.
By the way, here is the other version she made.
I like this one also. What do you think?
Friday, April 10, 2015
I finished my UFO #8 in time for the guild meeting on Tuesday. Thanks to Nancy, all the bad quilting was taken out. I then quilted it again, got the label and binding on and was ready to show it at the meeting.
This is the back of the quilt and includes one of the panels that I used for the front.
I really like how it turned out!
I also took a photo of UFO # 6 from last month.
The UFO for next month is #2 – here it is now.
The top is made so I have to get a backing, quilt, bind and label it.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Friday, March 20, 2015
I finished putting the top together on my Hexie BOM. I really like it. I need to do a little handwork to finish the butterfly and the sun but it is almost ready to quilt.
All the fabrics around the blocks are polka dots!
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Tomorrow is a community service sew-in at Allatoona. The guild supplied jelly roll kits for a fun day of jelly roll racing (not really racing but having fun sewing them together). The collection I got was batiks and I foolishly decided to put a square of black in between each strip. That was a lot more work than I had anticipated but since I am working on other sewing projects, I used the squares and strips as leaders/enders and finished them up this morning. I then rolled the strips into a jelly roll so it will be easy to start sewing tomorrow at the meeting.
Glad I am ready to go in the morning. This morning I also boiled several eggs so I can take egg salad tomorrow. Glad to be a little ahead for a change.