Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday–January 17, 2011

I have been working on the red and aqua D9P blocks as leaders and enders.  I have sewn them into blocks made up of four small blocks.  Next step is to get the larger blocks sewn together.  The quilt will end up with five rows of five blocks.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a Bliss aqua background floral for the border but decided I needed a small red inner border so I got that yesterday, along with enough extra for the binding so I have everything for the front of the quilt.  I will worry about the backing after I finish the front.

I couldn’t sleep last night so I got up and started cutting for the retreat mystery quilt.  I also got supplies to make a little something for each of the participants.  I hope to get them made this afternoon.  We are doing a takeoff on Oprah’s favorite things so during the retreat they will be getting little surprises.

Check out Judy’s Patchwork Times for more design walls.

Melinda

10 comments:

  1. Looking good, I agree that an inner red border will be perfect. Have fun with your retreat preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt you are working on is beautiful! I hope you get your retreat 'extras' finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. red & aqua is so pretty-I always love your color combo's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on this. The red border will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun retreat! Love the red/aqua :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have some great plans for the retreat! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. I hate it when I can't sleep but you really made use of the time in a wonderful way! Have fun on your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really pretty color combination

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt. The aqua and red are such a nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a bright and pretty combo you have going there. I hope you're keeping this for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails