Sunday, January 02, 2011

UFO Update

Nancy selected UFO #3 which is the watermelon quilt.  I bought a twin batting to use.  I think I have more of the watermelon rind fabric to use for binding so the actual quilting is the only think to do on this one.  I have been thinking of the quilting and think I will do a different freehand design in each of the three fabrics.  It will be simple but interesting.

Judy selected UFO #6 and I lucked out here.  I got it out this morning and discovered it already had one border on it and the fabric for the second border was with it.  So I all I need to do is add the second border and it will be ready to quilt. 

Both of these UFO’s will be easy to finish so hopefully I will start out the year will a successful month – I will report back when if these get finished this month.

I worked yesterday so didn’t get anything done.  I am taking an online longarm class from Cindy Roth at Longarm University and it was yesterday.  Fortunately, the class materials are available for 60 days so I will be able to complete the class.  The first thing that needs to be done is to piece the quilt top that we will be quilting.  I don’t quite have it ready but almost.  Here are some of the blocks.

Cindy wants us to use mostly solid or tone on tone fabrics since the focus of this quilt is on the quilting, not the fabric.  I chose lime green (surprise!) but added blue for the second color.  I should be able to finish the piecing after work this afternoon.

One more thing – Sue took the Beyond Beginners class on Monday and had her top completed on Friday.  Here she is with it.

It is now in my longarm room waiting its turn to be quilted.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I need to find my watermelon quilt. I think it's quilted but without binding. Maybe I should add it to my UFO list for guild. Later.....I decided to go look for my watermelon quilt, guess what it's at the exact same stage as yours. It's not quilted. Oh well, it's now added to my UFO list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Cindy's clas last year and really enjoyed it. I didn't sign up this year because I knew we would just be getting back from our trip but now I wish I had. Maybe I see if/when I could get the DVD and do it later. I need all the help I can get with my freehand quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails