Monday, January 10, 2011

Design Wall Monday–January 10, 2011

Well, I am late but I do have something to show besides snow.  I completed the top for the New Year’s Day longarm class finally.  Here it is on the design couch.

Here is a close up photo of one of the blocks.

Cindy suggested solid or reads solid fabrics so that the stitching will show.  She also suggests using contrasting thread but I haven’t decided yet on using one or two different threads.  I just have to piece the backing and cut out the templates and it will be ready to quilt.

For more design walls, check out Judy L’s Patchwork Times blog.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out great. You can also use a variegated thread if you want a few colors, without changing thread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that quilt top. The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Melinda. Great secondary pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing that class, did it last year, but just didn't have time. Maybe I should get the DVDs and do it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! the colors are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails