Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pillowcase Class

I had to work at the shop all day today because Nancy was sick and called me yesterday to ask me to fill in for her.  On top of that, I had to teach a pillowcase class tonight and I have the last beginner’s class tomorrow.  Busy, busy, busy!

I only had one student signed up for class but a customer came in today and asked when the next class was scheduled and got really excited when I said tonight.  She immediately signed up and was there tonight.

0509 Pillowcase

0509 Pillowcases

When teaching this class, I always make a pillowcase.  I had taught it to Piecemakers last week and made one Delilah pillowcase so tonight made the second one.  These will go with the Turning Twenty quilt I made out of the Delilah fabric a couple of months ago – I love these fabrics.

0509 GA Pillowcase Parts

0509 GA Pillowcase

One of the ladies made two Georgia pillowcases for her grandson.  She was so excited and I am sure will be making many more.

0509 Homespun Pillowcase Parts

0509 Homespun Pillowcase

The other student made two pillowcases for her bedroom, using Kona Cotton and a homespun strip as the flange.

They both finished two pillowcases and were pleased with what they learned.  Have I said recently how much I enjoy teaching.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails