Saturday, December 08, 2007

Quilting the President's Quilts

I quilted two quilts this week for the President of the Allatoona Quilt Guild and the President of the East Cobb Quilt Guild. They both turned out great and I have photos but will post them next week after they are presented to the Presidents.

The Allatoona guild meets on Tuesday and we are having a Christmas Potluck lunch. We are drawing for sets of quilt blocks made from Christmas fabric. 123 blocks were made and there are 10 sets of 12 blocks plus one set of 3. The 3 can be made into a table runner. We gave each person a FQ of the focus fabric and they could make 1 to 5 12-inch blocks, using the FQ and any other fabrics they wanted to add. For each block they made, their name gets put into the drawing for the block sets. Should be fun.

We are also doing a gift exchange - pin cushions. Mine is done but I still need to stuff it so will work on that tomorrow. I did a flower applique of wool on wool. Kind of like a little pillow. All done with fusible applique and hand buttonhole stitch. Very cute! Will try to get a photo to post tomorrow. We have about 45 people and almost everyone participates. We get in a large circle and I read a left/right story. This time I found a modified version of the Night Before Christmas that has lots of lefts and rights added to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails