Monday, December 10, 2007

Guild Christmas Party Tomorrow

I just finished up my pincushion for the gift exchange at the Allattona guild tomorrow. Last year we traded ornaments but this year it is pincushions. This one is about 6 inches square and is made of wool. I used fusible to put the leaves and flowers on and then did a buttonhole stitch around all the pieces. I then added french knots for the center of the flowers.


Lastly, I sewed the back and front together with more buttonhole stitch and stuffed it with fiberfill. Turned out real cute.

Since it is a potluck, I made lemon bars and they are in the refrigerator waiting to go. I also have all the exchange blocks (had to make two more today to round out the sets to give away) and our monthly fabric swap.

Still have to wrap the pincushion and my secret pal gift and I will be ready to go in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful pincushion. Lucky person, whoever gets it. Have fun at your party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you little pincushion...so pretty and detailed!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails