Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Allatoona Guild Meeting - Presidents Quilt

We had elections today at the guild and after that was over, we gave Lisa the quilt we made for her.

In the above photo, Lisa is on the right. On the left, Barb, Tina, Barbie and me. We are getting ready to give her the quilt. It was pieced by Barb and Tina, I quilted it and Barbie put on the binding.
This is the back of the quilt, using many signature blocks. Each member of the guild was asked to sign a block and to also donate a fat 1/8 of batik for the quilt.
Here is the front of the quilt. Beautiful, isn't it! I will post some closeup photos of the quilting on my webshots. The front and back were all batik which is Lisa's favorite fabric. The outside border is done in dogwood fabric that was especially printed for the Atlanta Shop Hop earlier this year so it is unique to our area.
Here is Lisa with her quilt. She was extremely happy with it and certainly earned it with all her hard work this year.

1 comment:

  1. That is one amazing quilt! I like Batiks too, so it is really "my" kind of quilt! And to make it reversable...great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails