Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Table Runner

I realized that I didn’t have a sample for the Beyond Beginner’s class I am teaching at the end of the month so I made a table runner yesterday out of the pattern.  The quilt in the book is twice this size but I really don’t need another wall/table quilt so made it into a table runner instead.

The topic of this month is paper piecing and here is one of the blocks that makes up this quilt.

Although I am not a big fan of 30’s fabrics, I do have a red and yellow kitchen (in my dreams at least) and have a old table with red chairs.  This will look very good on my kitchen table.  I couldn’t decide on any other color scheme and this is very much like the original quilt in the book so just went with it.  I stopped by the shop this afternoon and picked up backing fabric so I can get it quilted tomorrow.  I made the binding already so it shouldn’t take long to finish it up after quilting it.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:18 AM

    It's wonderful. My mini group friends all love the 30s prints and would love this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails