Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Special Projects Day at Guild

Today was special projects day at guild.  We were making journal covers.  We had some prep work to do before we started including quilting the outside cover and cutting all the part needed to make the cover.

I decided to do a selvage one, of course.  As you know I love selvages.  Here is the finished project.

 

Here it is open.

Lisa taught the cover today and mine is completely finished.  I just got through sewing the button on and putting the velcro on.  I put the binding on the outside by machine and then sewed the binding to the inside by hand before leaving the meeting/class.

It turned out even better than I had hoped.

Melinda

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so nice! Just looking at it would make me want to sew.

    It would make a wonderful log of finished quilts. I used to keep a log, but I'm so far behind in recording my quilts I don't think I can get it up to date at this point.

    Nice job!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooHhhh I want to make one toooo.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love your journal cover! It looks so pretty with all the selvadges.
    Does your friend have a pattern for it? I'd love to make one too.
    Lotta in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially the binding - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, CUTE! I love it, I can tell you've been sewing up some pretty stuff, just by looking at your selvages. :) Really nice job, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Makes me want to get out my selvages from their basket and get working! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Especially love the black and white fabric on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. It works so well with selvages. Do you have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails