Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Christina and the Half Marathon

1009 Christina Half Marathon

This is my daughter Christina after the San Jose Rock and Roll Half Marathon.  I got the photo off her husband’s Facebook page.  I am his friend because he posts more often and I get to see photos of my grandson.  Thank goodness for Paolo.  She ran this over the weekend.  She ran her first marathon when she was 16 and continues to run now that she is over 40 and a schoolteacher in San Francisco.  She also does triathlons.

I still remember how persistent she was about that first race.  We all told her she was too young to run 26.2 miles but she just wouldn’t listen to us.  She started training and was determined to run.  I guess she knew what she was talking about.  Once she makes up her mind to do something, she does it.

I am so proud of her!

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. You let her know that she does not look a day over 20! I had to read 40 twice & look a the photo several times. I still don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails