Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Beginning Machine Piecing

I started a new series of beginning machine piecing classes today.  There were 4 students in the morning and 5 in the evening.  I thought I had taken photos of all the exciting new fabric selections but somehow I only have 7 photos.  Here they are:

 

Everyone did a great job for the first day.  We covered fabric and tool selection, perfecting a 1/4 inch seam, cutting fabric and ironing/pressing correctly and they all did a wonderful job.  The first block we make is a rail fence block.  Actually, there are 8 rail fence blocks in the quilt so they all have some homework to do this week.

Tomorrow I am teaching a pillowcase class.  That is always fun.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails