Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Pizza Girls at Guild

Today was the October general meeting of the Allatoona Quilters’ Guild and our program was by the Pizza Girls.  Actually, their business is called Quilter’s Gallery.  They had a quilt shop for many years until the building was sold and demolished for a Lowe’s to be built.  Now they vend at quilt shows and do guild programs.  We were lucky enough to have them at today’s meeting.

They brought an unbelievable amount of quilts and quilt tops, along with kits, fabrics and patterns to make the projects.  Here are a few of my favorites.

This one was called Three, Six, Nine.

Don’t remember the name of this one but it is nine patches with borders, on point.

This beautiful curved pieced quilt uses some special templates, with 5 sections of different curves to make the block.  I really like this one.

This is one of my favorite Miss Rosie patterns. It is called Come On-A My House.  I actually bought this pattern from the Pizza Girls last year at the Georgia Quilt Show.  When Carrie Nelson was in town earlier this year, she taught this quilt in a class.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go but it is high on my list of quilts I want to make.  I think I will use black and whites when I do make it.

Look at all the nine patches in this quilt.  I love the way the colors seem to shimmer.

This quilt uses the Creative Curves templates but the center portion is cut from nine patches.  What a great idea.  That reminds me that my Creative Curves quilt is still folded up in a tablecloth waiting to be put together.  One more for the list of projects to complete.

I love this red and white quilt.  They also had a kit to do it in blue and white.  I was tempted but controlled myself.

This is another Miss Rosie Pattern called High Cotton.  They had a kit for this one and I was unable to pass it up.  I tried to get a photo of it to share but there was too much glare.  I will take a photo tomorrow.  I love the way they package their quilt kits.

I recommend them highly if your guild is somewhere on the East Coast that they can drive to.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Wonderful quilts!

    What brand of longarm do you have?
    (I had an APQS which I loved but no longer own it.) Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing sisters. Their trunk show is fantastic. So glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great show kiddo!

    I agree Come On A My House is on my list too.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pizza girls are in my guild. They do a great presentation don't they? We all miss their shop here in Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails