Monday, October 12, 2009

Ring in the New

Ring in the New was a BOM from 2008 and I finally completed the last of the embroidery today.  Last November I went to Sweden to visit my son and his family and took 11 of the blocks to work on.  I finished all of them while visiting and then picked up the last block early in December.  It only took me most of a year to embroider Santa!

Here are the blocks – in order.

January

February

March

April

May 

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

We received a finishing kit as part of the BOM but I don’t want to use it.  Instead I bought these fabrics.

Now all I need to do is to figure out how to use them to finish the quilt top.  The border print of course will be the border and the other print is probably the cornerstones – fussy cut.  The stripe is the binding and the gray is the sashing.  I might still need one more fabric for the inner border.  I think there is another beige/black paisley print that goes with this collection.  I might try to find it before I actually start putting things together.

I really like the beige crackle background and the black floss for the blocks and want to enhance it with the borders and sashing.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. I love each and every block. You did a great job. I love embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love the red work BOM. It is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your embroidered blocks, great job stitching. Am going ot hop around your blog awhile and see what other goodies I can find before I register for F/F hop!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails