Monday, October 19, 2009

Design Wall Monday

Here is what is on my design wall today. 

The color is somewhere between the two photos.  The first is with the flash and the second is just with the overhead lights on.

This quilt was started at the Tiny Stitches retreat in January and then set aside for several months.  I then attended a guild sew-in and got the blocks all sewn together.  I then added the first border.  When I started adding the second border, I managed to sew it on upside down.  It was already evening so I did enough reverse sewing to get the border off and put it back in its case for another day.  On Friday I decided that another day had arrived and I got the second border put on.  I got the last border cut but ran out of time to get it on so it is on the design wall, waiting for another early morning sewing session.

This quilt was part of a murder mystery that we did in 2008 at guild.  It is designed by my friend Dave – who made me the murderer in the mystery.  We then purchased the pattern from Dave and used it for our shop retreat early this year (I wasn’t the murderer this time).

The quilt calls for strong dark, medium and light fabrics but I decided to see what would happen from fabrics all in the same family.  It is a much more blended look but I like it.

I am not sure how I will quilt it but I won’t be able to do it right away so I have time to think about it.  I am not sure that custom quilting will enhance it so might just do an overall pattern on it.

Check out Judy’s blog for other design walls this Monday.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. beautiful-my colors never show true unless I pretend like I don't care, have a pet or kid run through the room when I click and that shot will be color perfect, you just can't see the pattern b/c of other live bodies! cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. The differences in color! I have recently stopped shooting with my flash.

    I can't picture you as a murderer. That Dave!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:39 PM

    I love the look of this quilt - very nice. Glad to hear you weren't the murderer this time! LOL.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - I bet you were really surprised to see the beginning of a zinger quilt! Your Kiwi Zinger was GORGEOUS, and I had been looking for the perfect string pattern to use.

    Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails