Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BOM Day

It was BOM day at the Allatoona Guild today.  As I am behind on making blocks, I just kept on going and finished two star blocks today.  I am finding that while making the quilt very scrappy results in a great look, it also takes a lot longer to cut out each piece individually instead of cutting all of them at the same time.

Here are the blocks I finished.

I started cutting for the next two star blocks but decided that I didn’t have enough darker green to give contrast.  I got the background and light/lime green cut and stopped by the shop and picked up 4 more 1/4 yard cuts of bright green.

I guess I will just keep plugging along and eventually get the quilt done.  I still have the feathered star block to make for the center but Lisa gave me a paper-pieced pattern and I think I will use that instead of following the regular piecing directions.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. I have a Judy Martin UFO, that is a UFO for that very reason... Each piece of fabric in the block will be different...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails