It was BOM day at the Allatoona Guild today. As I am behind on making blocks, I just kept on going and finished two star blocks today. I am finding that while making the quilt very scrappy results in a great look, it also takes a lot longer to cut out each piece individually instead of cutting all of them at the same time.
Here are the blocks I finished.
I started cutting for the next two star blocks but decided that I didn’t have enough darker green to give contrast. I got the background and light/lime green cut and stopped by the shop and picked up 4 more 1/4 yard cuts of bright green.
I guess I will just keep plugging along and eventually get the quilt done. I still have the feathered star block to make for the center but Lisa gave me a paper-pieced pattern and I think I will use that instead of following the regular piecing directions.